Bait tank question Kat-a-Log
Forum discussing catfishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Bait tank question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catfish Dan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Bait tank question Reply with quote

If you could buy a 400 gallon bait tank kit that you bolt together for a comparative price to a 50 gallon tank would you? It would be ready to assemble and fill. Plumbing, filter, pump all included. I recently had one of my designs professionally drawn and am going to start seeking prices to fabricate. I was wondering if there was a market for this sort of thing other than my own personal needs.

Tank will measure 8ft x 3ft x 3ft
It will be fully insulated.
It can be assembled by anyone with regular hand tools.

Feel free to ask any questions. *Note* I don't have a price yet.
RACN35

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not Me
Catfish Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess the first thing I should have done is ask what people use for bait storage in the long term (1 to 2 weeks).
I use a lot of bluegill and a lot of creek chubs. I don't always have time on the weekends to collect as much as I would like. A storage tank would allow me to collect through the week and be ready to go come Friday night. I thought the idea might useful to others...I would like to hear from everyone so keep it coming.
Joey209

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catfish Dan wrote:
I guess the first thing I should have done is ask what people use for bait storage in the long term (1 to 2 weeks).
I use a lot of bluegill and a lot of creek chubs. I don't always have time on the weekends to collect as much as I would like. A storage tank would allow me to collect through the week and be ready to go come Friday night. I thought the idea might useful to others...I would like to hear from everyone so keep it coming.
Sounds interesting.I use big storage tubs,but they aren't insulated.So I gotta dump a bunch of icecubs in it constantly.I wouldn't mind checkin out something insulated
Catfish Dan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops I forgot to re-post on this one. I have put this project on hold for the time being. I am trying to get deer management projects going. Farming and feeders will likely consume most of my cash. There may not be enough left over to build the prototype. I have not submitted any drawings for production estimates at this time. I thought there would be a strong market for this sort of thing and apparently there is not. That might change once I get a production price and can list an actual sale price. Maybe I will find investors...who knows?
I am still interested to hear what people do with their baits for extended periods of time.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> Tackle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: