No flathead yet Kat-a-Log
Forum discussing catfishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

No flathead yet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> General catfishing chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katfish
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: No flathead yet Reply with quote

Chad, Richard, Travis and I fished a few hours for flats tonight.

I got a channel cat while fishing for bluegills (bait) and RIchard and Chad got one each on the bluegills.

Travis brought gummy bears.

No flathead runs but it was good practice for whenever the water gets back in the banks and warms up.
SeanStone

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Gf lost a little flathead about five pounds or so on the bank Friday. She had several runs on bluegill heads. I was fishing some deep structure with live bait, with no runs at all. Headed out tomorrow at about 1pm and I plant to stay until 11 or later. Hope to get my first of the year pretty soon.
katfish
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sean
We already told Richard and Travis they don't weigh anything until they are on a scale.

I'll have to ask the commissioner if an estimated weight without a landing or picture qualifies as a catch.

It doesn't look to promising since Ducky got grief for no picture the other night Very Happy
ducky

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It doesn't look to promising since Ducky got grief for no picture the other night

I told chad that my phone was dieing i tried 3 or 4 times to take a pic with my phone but it does not work with low power, and i forgot the regular camear, we got a pic on my stepdads phone his first lake flathead ever but he cannot send pics, he only has straight texting and calling.
SeanStone

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katfish wrote:
Sean
We already told Richard and Travis they don't weigh anything until they are on a scale.

Yeah I know. I don't like making those judgement calls but since it looked small I figured I could get by with it. Very Happy

We caught 3 channels last night, nothing to brag about. Surface water temp was 58 degrees, which suprised me because it was 58 degrees almost a month ago. Must be all the rain we got, but I don't know? I would have guessed it was in the mid 60's by now. My friend and I were talking about flathead spawning times last night, and we came to the conclusion that if things dont warm up quick the spawn will be a month late this year.
ducky

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SeanStone wrote:
katfish wrote:
Sean

Yeah I know. I don't like making those judgement calls but since it looked small I figured I could get by with it. Very Happy

We caught 3 channels last night, nothing to brag about. Surface water temp was 58 degrees, which suprised me because it was 58 degrees almost a month ago. Must be all the rain we got, but I don't know? I would have guessed it was in the mid 60's by now. My friend and I were talking about flathead spawning times last night, and we came to the conclusion that if things dont warm up quick the spawn will be a month late this year.

I highly doubt that, the way i see it the flathead bite will not be as good as last years, we caught 13 flatheads by now last year, we have 3 in the books for this year so far, it will get hot soon and water temps are always in the 80s by july when flatheads spawn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> General catfishing chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: