Just cant seem to get away from them. Kat-a-Log
Forum discussing catfishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Just cant seem to get away from them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> General catfishing chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SeanStone

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Just cant seem to get away from them. Reply with quote

Went and checked out a few spots last weekend at one of our most productive flathead waters. It's a smaller lake and we thought it was a well kept secret. While scouting we noticed a limb-line left over from last fall. Of course, we removed it, but It really irritates me to no end. I just can't seem to get away from limb-liners, juggers, or trotliners. We fished a stretch of good looking creek last year that were sure held flathead only to find out that it provided a local paylake with all of their fish. (They guy that runs the bait store I go to also runs the paylake.......I don't like to support them, but its the only bait store within 30 miles. I'm slowly stocking up from bottomdwellers so I don't have to buy much from there anymore.)

I came up with an idea and I wanted to run it by you guys. I thought that I would go out to one of my favorite spots and set a hundred plus lines in the water without hooks (made to look like someone cut them after they were done), and make them all extremely noticeable. I feel that this will make someone think twice before setting lines and taking my precious flathead, and maybe even get the park officials to look closer at regulating these guys. Any thoughts, or help to get rid of my pest problem.Very Happy
ducky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to deal with this every year, I have been very close to a fist fight with a couple of punks, I have cut tree branches off in certain bays that people use to set lines on every year, u can do this in certain bays that only have a small amount of overhanging limbs, but worthless if there are tons of overhangs, its very odd to me why the odnr will allow as many drop lines as u want but only 2 poles, if the droplines have no I.d u can cut em down!
ducky

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a blueheron on a dropline one time I thought about contacting the dnr about it, I thought about suggesting to them to only allow dead bait on droplines to insure this does not happen, but I never did, it seems the odnr has there ways and do not consider our opinion.
SeanStone

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't aware that you could legally cut someones limb-line if they weren't tagged. Honestly I cant say that I have ever saw a tagged limb-line down here. Guess I'll start a collection of limblines this season.

Sad to hear that about the heron. I would have tried to help if it was still alive. It would have been dangerous but well worth the reward.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> General catfishing chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: