Memorial weekend river report Kat-a-Log
Forum discussing catfishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Memorial weekend river report

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Catfish Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Memorial weekend river report Reply with quote

Northern Muskingum River between Wills Creek intersection and Dresden. We had one heck of an outing. Several families got together this weekend for some bank fishing. A combination of gravel bar and sand bar fishing throughout the weekend. A couple of bank tied jug lines as well. River was at normal level for Friday and rose 2 to 4 inches before the holiday was over. Very minor rain locally with scattered short heavy showers Sunday for about an hour. Overall the weather was warm and comfortable for camping. Lots and lots of hits. We filled a cooler with channel cats in the 2 to 6lb range. Baits used were chicken livers, chub minnows and bluegills. Friday night didn't produce much but fishing was very late due to setting up camp. Things settled down Saturday night and the action was on. Jugs flapped in the water and poles bent over throughout the day and night. I personally had a pole dedicated to 4+ inch bluegills and once again got a monster run Saturday night about midnight. The fish was big enough to run the drag like an open bail. I reached down to tighten the drag in hopes to gain some line back but accidentally slacked the line too much in the process and lost the fish. I won't even attempt a guess to it's size or type. The rest of the holiday weekend continued to produce more fillet sized channels. No idea where the flatheads are yet but with 8 to 10 poles and a couple of jugs in the water we should have found them in the area we were in. I hope to send Robby a picture to brag about real soon!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> Catfish All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: