Triple 50's - 25 Nov 2007 Kat-a-Log
Forum discussing catfishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Triple 50's - 25 Nov 2007
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RACN35

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Triple 50's - 25 Nov 2007 Reply with quote

Steve cut me some slack today cause I didnt want to get up to the freezing temps and head out at O'dark-30. I suggested we meet at 8, knowing he is always late anyway,it would be around 9 before we got on the water to start catching bait.....Scott & his Daughter were already on the river getting bait when Steve got there and started to get bait himself- suprise suprise he got there before me !! I arrived at 8 sharp and he pulled back to the dock and we were on our way up river to DUTCH GAP. First hole we passed up because there were 1000 GAR busting the water chasing bait.....dropped anchor and in the first 10 minutes we had 2 fish at the next spot. He got a 22 and the second fish was mine at 34......next fish was his at 28. I popped open a soda and got me a oatmeal cream pie.....I am kicked back and the farthest rod from me starts to bounce, once - twice and SLAM goes the tip in the water......"Jamie there goes your 50 pounder, that fish is yours"...he said~~~ I replied "No go ahead I am having a snack"..He grabbed the rod and cried like the whimp he is when he begged me to get the net....I filmed it on VIDEO instead & handed him the net.....as I watched threw the view finder I realized I had made a big mistake....over the gunnel of the boat comes a 66 pounder - If you know me, then you know I was like - oh well - I'll get me one.....pull anchor and head to another spot and got all set up and here comes the bass boat 90 MPH right by us....first fish here goes 36 and ( he got it too ) then a good run on the drag and I knew it was my 50 pounder !! fight fight fight reel reel reel....45 pounds......dag gone it.......lets move back a little bit....pull anchor and we move just about 100 yards or so - as soon as all lines are out the FIRE DRILL starts....wham goes my first rod........ITS BIG !! Steve gets out the camera and starts a new VIDEO....ok its on now and I am just about to land my new personal best fish - WHOOO HOOO 53 POUNDS !! MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.....Oh Oh Oh wait another rod goes down....I get a 53 and a double.....next fish goes 56 !! OH YEA !! 2 new PB's....Holy Moly the THIRD rod goes off screaming drag !! NO WAY - gimmie the camera Steve and let me film you again.....a third fish that goes 51 - TRIPLE 50'S in one wack !! OMG what a day !! we just sat there gasping for air.......15 minutes later we move on to the last hole and only put out 4 rods this time.......got a dink like 12 pounds that I kissed and let go.....Steve let me get the last 3 fish, a knothead male that was 32 and a sweety little hunny at 42 pounds who I thankfully hugged,kissed and released as we did all fish caught today.....I hope I got the pics in order as the day unfolded.....what a wonderfull place this area called DUTCH GAP is......

katfish
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamie

I know that had to be a blast!

The tidal influence is foreign to us inland fishermen.
Can you explain how fish move and feed throughout
the cycle of current speeding up and slowing down
as the tide changes?

Do you position your boat over shallower spots
as the current increases?
Jason454ci

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a great day on the river. Congrats on the new PB a couple times over.
LouisvilleCatChaser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what i call a GREAT day of fishing! what river is that?
LouisvilleCatChaser

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

did you blurr out landmarks? Laughing
SuperDave

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty work WTG. Cool
RACN35

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this web site is small enough i can tell ya its the james river off the mouth of wards creek......none of the photos are blured at all.....you can see the reflections on the trees........ride upriver and turn into wards creek...there is a big orange trash bag stuck in some limbs from a very high past tide......drop anchor......this place will NOT produce on an incoming tide.......you gotta start at high and set it out 3/4 low.

if i see this info on BOC> Katmasters or Mastercatters I will never spill the beans again
LouisvilleCatChaser

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lots of good fishing down there....... too bad im no where close to there.... thanks for sharing though! your secret is safe w/ me
Jason454ci

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure gonna have to try to get down there one of these years. Seems like it just keeps getting better and better down there every year. Thank goodness there is plenty of catch and release fishermen on that river. Sounds like fishing a tidal rivers could be a bit tricky to someone that ain't used to them. Thanks for sharing your info with us. Your secret is safe with me.
cataholic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some pics and vids from Sunday
http://s220.photobucket.com/albums/dd29/cataholic_photo/
gottafish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww man - I thought you got those at Dutch Gap!! You're lying! I think you guys doctored those photos Laughing
cataholic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMAO Ur bad Scott...
RACN35

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott you know I always give up my secrets.....I fish everyday - so finding a spot aint hard for me......

SEE:
Yesterday as a pupil I was schooled on the fine art of reading working birds yesterday......birds are birds......I have said it a 1000 times.....BIRDS ARE OVER RATED !! I wont ever say that again !!Gannets,Gulls,Pelicans all mean a different size and quanity of fish under them.
So for today I was "tested" by my "teachers" of yesterday......I think I passed my test today with flying colors.....Once again NO mojo's,umbrellas or stretches alloed....no trolling, just drufting with the birds and light tackle.....J keeler and Capt Tom hughes had fish on for the better part of the day.....10 or 12 boats worked a flock of birds very well....no one ran threw the middle,no one got in any one elses way, no body ran over any body....for almost 2 hours it was fish after fish....from 24 to 30 inches over & over .....50 plus fish easy.....off we went to find other spots to work on the IMG- 9 foot shoals- 4a.....you name it I lucked out and found fish ......Capt Tom had a nice day off catching fish for once and as always J Keeler finds the lunkers when least expected.....no 40+ fish today but he got fish at 32,36,34,31,38 Tom did the same with 36,a pair of 38's and every other time I looked back they had double hook ups...I even had time for 1 cast today and got a fat lil 33 incher myself,kissed and set free !! .......Birds Birds Birds in the sky will mean fish fish fish on the scope !! Good Googly Moogly what a day indeed !! We left them still hitting on every other cast as the sun went down and was dark by the time we got back to Little Creek......

RACN35

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRAP !!! Sorry folks wrong report.........I'll keep it CATFISH from now on......at least it was my own thread I jacked in.
Jason454ci

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great day of fishing at any rate. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> Bluecats All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: