channels cats Kat-a-Log
Forum discussing catfishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

channels cats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: channels cats Reply with quote

Anybody still fishing? I went to Salt Fork this evening and caught 8 nice channels cats on cut shad. The weight range was from 3lbs to 7lbs. The water temp is getting cold. But this nice warm day must have turned on the channel cats to feed.

CC
katfish
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chad

Since they dropped the lake, the channel cats have become ferocious at Salt Fork.

Normally channel cats only take my big flathead baits when they are very aggressive during spawn. They have continually taken large live baits all year at Salt Fork.

Shortdrift really enjoys channel cats and when he went with us we set him up with shad to help thin out the non target fish. He caught several but others still jumped our big flathead baits.

Although the channel cats may have been present before I have not seen them as aggressive as they are this year.
tcba1987

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive only fished salt fork a few times, and im amazed at how many channel cats are in there. i catch three times as many channel cats at salt fork as i do at any of the other MWCD lakes and the average size is BIGGER there too. i only know one area at salt fork that i fish so if i fished other areas im sure it would be even better !!

Team Dumb & Dumber

BUMBA-FISHING and having a BUMBA-TUDE and we are having FUN doing it !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> Channel cats All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: