Cat Maxx rods Kat-a-Log
Forum discussing catfishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

Cat Maxx rods

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joey209

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Cat Maxx rods Reply with quote

anyone know where I can get some used/cheaper Cat Maxx rods?
katfish
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey

Catmaxx and Big Cat rods usually get used up like old pick up trucks Very Happy

I only know 2 catmen that ever trade off good quality tackle like that and they are both using custom rods right now.

If you search e-bay you will notice no one wants to part with these e-glass rods once they get em.

I might recommend calling or e-mailing Bass Pro Shops and other tackle dealers. Catmaxx rods were just restyled and tackle shops often cut prices on previous models to clear inventory. I know when Quantum Big cats restyled away from stainless steel tips I got several old models for half price at BPS.

At the least you could leave them a message to e-mail you if items you want go on sale.

H2O mellon is in BPS more than most employees there and often notifys the Kat-a-Log of catfish items he spots.
Joey209

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

katfish wrote:
Joey

Catmaxx and Big Cat rods usually get used up like old pick up trucks Very Happy

I only know 2 catmen that ever trade off good quality tackle like that and they are both using custom rods right now.

If you search e-bay you will notice no one wants to part with these e-glass rods once they get em.

I might recommend calling or e-mailing Bass Pro Shops and other tackle dealers. Catmaxx rods were just restyled and tackle shops often cut prices on previous models to clear inventory. I know when Quantum Big cats restyled away from stainless steel tips I got several old models for half price at BPS.

At the least you could leave them a message to e-mail you if items you want go on sale.

H2O mellon is in BPS more than most employees there and often notifys the Kat-a-Log of catfish items he spots.
Good call.I've seen a couple on e-bay but they were spinnig rods.I'm gonna keep my eyes open
katfish
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joey
You might want to call BPS toll free number and ask about sales on Catmaxx or any of their dealers offerrinf specials. Maybe if you leave your number or address they will contact you when bargains come up.
Catfish Dan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catfish Connection has the Wildcat rods. Graphite composites and the E-Glass Troph-E-Cat. Nothing over $41 give em a look:
http://catalog.catfishconnection.com/

FYI the berkley glowsticks are e-glass too if you are in the market for that sort of rod.
De§perado™

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked up a few from a carp fisherman, got two for $30.00. He said they are too much for him....LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> Tackle All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: