My first BLACK DRUM - 21 May 2008 Kat-a-Log
Forum discussing catfishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

My first BLACK DRUM - 21 May 2008

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RACN35

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: My first BLACK DRUM - 21 May 2008 Reply with quote

The plan was to go to the tower and tag little fish shoot the big ones, then go drumming on the shoals........headed out of Crab Creek at 0700 and found 0 winds and a nice ride to the CLT.
1 boat there when we tied off.....second cast I got a fish, tagged and released as Tony got in the less than 10 foot visible water and couldnt locate the school of big fish that were there last week. another boat named (Teaser) showed up and anchored across from us and set out their spread....some boats caught fish,others didnt -the right bait and the right presentation they will BITE......fished another 45 minutes and it was time to head to where I was told to go catch me a Black Drum. Thanx to Darren we went right where he said they would be........first fish was mine and second was Harveys......both went paper and we lost what Dougs thinks were reds on long runs but we lost the fish......wind kicked up and we surfed in 4 to 6 footers all the way back in a stinging blinding rain.....got back to the boat ramp and the rain stopped and the sun came out......Graceland took over the watch to spend most of the nite over there right now..........great day with my favorite 3 fishing pals of all time .....My regular HO Harvey.....the DRUM MASTER KING Doug Johnson and my catfishing wench Tony..........

fishmac

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on your 1st black drum. a dandy it is !!! great pic's too. how long did it take to bring him in ??
catfish_hunter

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang! Thats a nice fish! How much did that thing weigh? congrats!!!

Grandt Rods Prostaff
Driftmaster Rod Holders Prostaff
Bottom Dwellers Tackle Prostaff
Doug158

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent Drum Jamie congrats

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> Other News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: