COLD Water River Channel Cats Kat-a-Log
Forum discussing catfishing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages    Log inLog in 
  GamesGames   

COLD Water River Channel Cats

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcba1987

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: COLD Water River Channel Cats Reply with quote

I know weve discussed this subject on here before but i thought it would be interesting to our new members and beginning catters to hear some advice. What areas do you look for to try in rivers this time of year ??? What bait do you recommend ?? What style of hooks and rig ups do you all recommend ??
ANY other advice ??? Just figured id get some conversation started here in the catfishing section for us die-hard catters !!!

Ive never had much luck in the colder water months for channels here on the Tusc but i always look for the deepest holes i can find and use a slip sinker rig (2 oz) and a 4/0 Gamakatsu Inline Circle Hook baited with a piece of cut bait (either frozen shad or bluegill). i think the earliest after Jan `1rst that ive ever caught a channel cat from the Tusc was mid-March !!!

Team Dumb & Dumber

BUMBA-FISHING and having a BUMBA-TUDE and we are having FUN doing it !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kat-a-Log Forum Index -> Channel cats All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: